A ballerina at 55 - It is never too late!
December 10, 2015
It's never to late
June 23, 2015
The island where people forget to die
March 17, 2015
Facelift at 80, why not!
Quotes and advice from the 5 oldest people in the world
February 12, 2015
Explore the human body like never before
January 21, 2015
Britain's newest oldest woman, 112 WOW
Doctor's biggest secret to staying young
Extend your life, keep moving!
Senior Adventure Tours
November 14, 2014
The Blue Zones
May 22, 2014
The identiity of demographic and geographic areas in the world where people consistently and measurably live longer. So, where are these places and what is their secret. The five regions are:
(1) Sardinia, Italy, where men in mountain villages are reaching 100 years at an amazing rate.
(2) The Islands of Okinawa, Japan.
(3) A group of Seventh-day Adventists in Loma Linda, California. Interesting!
(4) Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica.
(5) Icaria, Greece, which is the location with the highest percentage of 90 year-olds on the planet - nearly 1 out of 3 people make it to their 90s. Wow!
What are the common characteristics these places share?
Family – put ahead of other concerns
Less smoking...hum, I would have thought no smoking
Semi-vegetarianism – except for the Sardinian diet, the majority of food consumed is derived from plants
Constant moderate physical activity – an inseparable part of life
Social engagement – people of all ages are socially active and integrated into their communities
Legumes – commonly consumed
For more information and all the data read Dan Buettner's book, The Blue Zones: Lessons for Living Longer from people who lived the longest.
never too late
December 2015 (1)
June 2015 (1)
March 2015 (2)
February 2015 (1)
January 2015 (5)
November 2014 (5)
October 2014 (2)
September 2014 (4)
August 2014 (5)
July 2014 (24)
June 2014 (32)
May 2014 (8)